Friday, May 22, 2009

Caravan on a Vespa? Fun!

Lately I've noticed two agents caravaning (defined below) on vespas & not in their cars .. and that looks like more fun than driving my stick shift up and down and in and out of driveways and winding streets all over Santa Barbara and Montecito. I drive a fun car, so I'm not exactly complaining but just seeing room for adventure. Can you imagine showing up at a house on the Riviera where it's steep and windy - say you have 15 realtors who happen to show up there all at once, all only planning to do a 10-minute run through of a house before they're off to the next architectural gem of the day? Do you know what type of cluster that causes in a driveway?? It's pretty entertaining. Not all realtors are good drivers.

'Caravaning' is a real estate term we agents use for the time agents have our open houses during the week - in the Santa Barbara area, this is Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10am-1pm. This is our chance to see the inventory, while the public open houses are typically Saturday/Sunday 1-4pm. If I get started at 10am, I can usually squeeze in 4-6 properties per hour, so that means I can see an average of 15 properties per day. I'll have to do the math and see how quickly I could recover my cost. If I went two days per week, that would be 30 properties per week and about 40-50 miles per day. I'll have to compare that to the gas mileage I get on my car and see how it turns out .. Right now I have to run to an appointment but TBD later on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Emily! Lots of good information and well written.

    ReplyDelete